Samstag, 13. März 2010

DAY 6

Today I woke up because the super-nephew was screaming pretty loud and happy through the whole house.
The reason for that was the arrival of his father who’s been visiting his sick father (super-nephews other grandfather) and they love each other so much.
(once his dad left he didn’t wanna eat properly anymore)
After breakfast we drove to a shopping mall where I tried to fetch some money from an ATM and this was the first time I almost got robbed.
That gangsta asked me: ‘How much do you wanna withdraw?’ and I answered ‘1200 Rands!’ then he gave me quickly a receipt saying:

Withdrawal – 1200 Rands
Sorry but this ATM ain’t working no more, please call/mail for help.

I hope the whole transaction didn’t work but if it did then this bank stole my 120€!
Dunno why but I love driving without an unfastened seatbelt and so I did again once we looked for a junk food restaurant for lunch.
Eventually we stopped at a place where they sell pizzas and burgers (2 chains share one building) and everybody wanted a burger except me being vegetarian so I asked the pizza guy ‘What kind of vegetarian pizza do you have?’ and he answered: ‘Well, the ‘Vegetarian’!’ so I took that one (pineapple, olives, onions, mushrooms, garlic, green pepper and extra cheese) and it was really damn tasty.
Packed with food we went to the beach and it was again super beautiful, we were collecting even more shells so now I should have enough to provide a friend of mine and me as well.
On our way back we stopped at a small shop to buy some ‘Matoke’ which are bananas used for a traditional African meal, I love that stuff so much and it’s a shame that it’s not available in Germany.
Right in front of the shop someone put a huge sticker on a trash bin saying: ‘Real penis enlargement! Works 100%! … Call 7732whatever!’ which made me laugh because usually you get spam mails with that stuff but here they’ve got real-life-spam because internet is rare:-)
Immediately after we arrived at home again, I joined super-dad to pick up his colleague living next door and on our way we saw those real home made shacks (just some pieces of metal) which made me remember that I still didn’t visit these places but I probably will on Saturday when I’m back in JoBurg. (Soweto which includes District 9)
Before dinner I visited another guy living close by and checked out a local tea called ‘Swazi’ and this stuff is really great:
-tastes like whiskey, no kidding
-gets u awake
-fairly strong
-organic
-made me talk even more resulting in laughing even more, too
-nice feeling around my eyes, forehead and temples

I would drink it every day if I could :-)
Dinner was awesome once more and after that I started writing the journal for yesterday but during a break I watched a small documentary about two gay kids being smacked from their teachers for that particular reason.
The whole case is being investigated right now because the South African constitution guarantees that no one is discriminated but this is still a nice illusion because there’s loads of homophobia throughout the whole of Africa.
Johanna just told me that a women who admitted to being gay were gang-raped to turn them ‘normal’ again which is just sick but on the other hand side South Africa was the first country allowing gay marriage. I’m hoping that progress will catch up and people will realize that sexual orientation is really just a private thing which shouldn’t affect the relation to a person at all.
Fell asleep before I managed to start writing today’s entry, too :-)

2 Kommentare: