Donnerstag, 18. März 2010

DAY 13

Today was the first day when i felt somehow awake once i arrived in university but still it took almost 2 hours two write the diary entries for yesterday and the day before.
After i had finished those, I started to watch 'Dude, Where's My Car?' and i laughed my ass off.
I know this movie is silly but I guess that I'm too and that's probably the reason why I like it.
Anyway, after half an hour I went to the computer labs to do some research on job descriptions for the VPs (vice presidents) of the different teams and I found loads of interesting material but before I was allowed to enjoy the pleasure of the world wide web, I had to wait for about 20 minutes because there was a huge queue in front of the labs.
This was also the reason why I didn't find JDs for everyone before I had to leave for our EB meeting, where we wanted to prepare a shout and a role call for the conference starting tomorrow.
Because of a lack of attendance (just 3 people) we were not able to complete the role call but at least we've got a shout and they wanted to meet at 6pm once more to figure out a dance.
I briefly explained the rest of the session of yesterday to a girl witch had to leave early and went back to the labs to finish my work. Guess what I had to wait again but this time it was just 15 minutes and I don't regret it at all because once I sat down a computer scientist took seat next to me and we had an awesome talk. This guy is programming opera widgets for Vodafon and we talked about plenty of nerd stuff which was quite a relieve because almost everybody I met so far studies something boring and useless as marketing or market research or accounting or what not :-)
After all the necessary material was gathered, I attached it to mail and sent it to all EB members.
I hope that everybody is going to read their part and prepare the sheet I created on Tuesday because otherwise it'll be hard to get an overview of what we are able to do and what we should do as AIESEC UJ.
Back home I finished the movie and played with my beloved devilish witch-princess from next door until she tried to stab my eye was one of the Algiers spoons that we took before we left for SA.
I took some great photos from her wearing my acid-glasses and really this 3 years old knows how to give an angry face and a fake smile, you wouldn't believe it.
Dinner was great even if a small piece of chicken sliped into my food which I tasted immediately.
Once my stomach was stuffed I helped Johanna's cousin programming Visual Basic stuff for school which I've never done before.
By the way in English you don't call it 'Code Slave' but 'Code monkey'.
Before I was about to go to sleep I packed my bag for tomorrow and switched on 'Joan of Arc'
(my favorite band) giving me a nice bunch of dreams.

2 Kommentare:

  1. "Dude wheres my car?...Dude wheres your car..Dude wheres my car?..Dude wheres your car.." Sweet! I also like it!..ohhh yeah btw accounting and market research are not boring!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. yeah and i'm santa clause

    AntwortenLöschen