Donnerstag, 18. März 2010

DAY 11

Mick was very polite today and waited till 10 to 5 before his beautiful voice got me up. After a short breakfast we started our daily journey to university, school and work which was really stressful because of loads of traffic jams.
But then the good fairy from yesterday came up with some really relaxing music ‘romanza’ which made driving way more comfortable until we had to drop of her sisters and Johanna’s cousin.
Oh my god! They directed us and I promise it was the worst navigation I’ve ever experienced so far.
‘Take the first lane!’ (lane on the very right), ‘No! Take the first lane!’ (lane on the very left) ‘Should I turn here?’, ‘YES!’ (they wouldn’t have told us without asking and this happened quite often) …
Once we dropped them off, we were lost in JoBurg but fortunately Johanna’s brother got the most incredible photographic memory I’ve ever experienced.
He directed us through this small village called joBurg on a phone!!! (I experienced this twice already)
I mean we called him and he just asked ‘What can you see?’ and it was really like
‘There’s a Chinese restaurant on my left and a green bench on my right.’
‘Okay, turn right as soon as you can, drive towards the red tower and turn left once you passed a bridge!’
And boom we were on our way again!
So in university I worked on a sheet which all members of the EB are supposed to fill out. This sheet should help us to gather information about our resources and our abilities to perform so it basically contains questions like:
-How many members are in your team?
-How many of these are reliable?
-Which processes belong to your department?
-Which are the most important?
-How will you document your work?

Most of the stuff can’t be filled out because all AIESECers but one are new to AIESEC and there are no teams, yet. But these are basic questions that every team leader should be aware of.
After that I started working out the Agenda for the first session with the EB which will be about the vision, way and values of AIESEC because I think a team can just work effectively if all members head into the same direction.
Once the agenda was settled and the LCP had approved it, I wanted to find an English version of a buddy booklet and I needed internet to do so.
Unfortunately I couldn’t lock in so I started watching ‘Munich’ being a great movie so far.
Why just so far? Because one stupid, incompetent bastard of a rapidshare user forgot to download the second CD!!!! I was really damn angry but it was time to meet the LCP again, anyway.
So we tried to figure out who could help to overcome the knowledge gap and train at least the EB and maybe even the new members. We created a list and I’m gonna contact these persons tomorrow.
Back home I immediately started footbagging and doing my belly exercise ‘cause sun was about to set.
After dinner I just went to bed, it seems I’m still not used to my new get-up-rhythm.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen