Dienstag, 23. März 2010

DAY 14

Today we left a little earlier to make sure that I’ll be in university in time and it is really strange because if you leave one minute to 6 you can make it in 30-45 minutes but if you leave 5 minutes past 6 then it’ll take 1 to 2 hours to get there.
We left 1 minute to 6 which means my arrival in UJ was quarter to 7 implying loads of extra time for me because our journey to Botswana should start at 8 am.
So I went to the computer pool and wrote the diary entry for yesterday.
At 7.30am I met with Thoko and Simphiwe and we walked to the place where a small bus would pick us up.
There we joined also the rest of the AIESECers from SA except one: Lena, Manti, Precious, Thibose, Nyasha, Mbali, Faith and our driver Sfiso.
This super funny bunch left at about 9am for Botswana (just one short stop to pick up Nadia) and I can tell you this meant a hell lot of African House.
The Van was stuffed with an extraordinary Pioneer sound system which made your feet and belly shake, no kidding and I’ve gotta admit after a while I was a little board by the beats because you were bound to listen and couldn’t dance.
The closer we got to Botswana the hotter the weather and we couldn’t travel at full speed because of our trailer but I didn’t care much because I had loads of amusing talks for instance about my nice-bum-on-the-cover magazine Vice issuing Brazil (and what would Brazil be without awesome butts?) and I played footbag with Nyasha in almost every minute during the breaks.
We also used the breaks to prepare our role call the Diski-Dance which will become the SA pendant to the Mexican wave so you’ll better learn it to for the world cup ^^.
Our teacher was my precious Precious and really she can dance!!! (and she’s very sweet, too but I think everybody who’s in talent management is 
Once in Botswana Sam and Rati from the Member Committee of Botswana (MC, that’s the national executive board) guided us to the university and our Motel.
I told you about the full speed problem but to illustrate it a little more, we left at 9am and arrived at about 7pm which means 3 hours later than planned and because of that we went for dinner immediately. More AIESECers from Botswana joined us (the Don, David, Orlando, Koba, MOX …) and I talked for quite a while to the history student ‘the Don’ who knew (which was quite embarrassing) a lot more about German history than I did. One of the #1 issues was me being vegetarian (by the way I didn’t meet a single one in Africa yet) and it was very funny to hear, how much Africans love meat.
‘When I was sick, I couldn’t taste anything but when I swallowed meat than I just started to feel happy inside and I regained my power and …and it felt sooo good and warm and I needed it sooo much!’
This is just usual meat wait until you ask for chicken^^
Back in our Motel and loaded with some booze we sat down and some got boozed.
It was a wonderful warm and clear night so you could see the stars and sit outside with shorts and t-shirt only.
I had a super cool talk with my lovely, little Manti and the always-relaxed Orlando (also in talent management) about Movies and tea and somehow we toppled over ‘Irreversible’ a movie you should definitely watch but not more than once. (DON'T read the summary, it'll mess up the whole movie. the first part of the wiki article is enough)
Before I got to bet, I saw the final scene of ‘Once upon a time in Mexico’ and it was better than I remembered it so maybe I’ll watch it again.
And then I had an argument with ‘the Don’ because he sad that the trilogy is:
Desperados I, Desperados II, Once upon a time in Mexico
And I think it is:
El Mariachi, Desperados, Once upon a time in Mexico
So I’ve gotta look it up but I’m afraid ‘the Don’ is right again, I mean he’s ‘the Don’!^^
Nighty, night!

2 Kommentare:

  1. fuck "the don", your`re right, bro! maybe he named "el mariachi" desperados 1 and desperados 1 desperados 2. thats so confusing that it can't be true. and also being a film nerd by my own, i now the trues. aaaaand here's the ultimate WIKI proof :D (my prof would kill me) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_Trilogy
    and now let's do the undertaker.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. or must it be "by myself"? ach, fuck off

    AntwortenLöschen