Sonntag, 18. April 2010

DAY 36

Getting up at 7am gave us the opportunity to dress up and iron some clothes for the launch of the African Bahai Business Forum.
Even though I’m not a suit person I love to wear one, I dunno why but it feels nice annnnd I was able to knot my tie all alone, yuhu!
So Charles, Pinky, Johanna, Kathrine and I left at 8am to prepare the venue and to be sure that there’ll be a time buffer in case we need one.
The venue was really awesome and also all the rest was perfectly organised (I knew that it’s possible, why do they manage to organise their people and I don’t? ahh), there was coffee, tea, snacks, sandwiches, literature, a professional camera guy, projector, PowerPoints and awesome Speakers. One of the speakers moderating the whole event was Johanna’s brother Charles and it was really cool to see him doing an excellent job while being funny at the first time speaking in front of maybe about 40 people including students, AIESECERs and mostly people from the corporate world (AIESEC is partner of the European Bahai Business Forum and my impression is that the EBBF will be my thing once my time in AIESEC is over) . Francoise a woman from France working as a manager for the Red Cross for over 5 years gave the first short speech which was about her experience in leading departments and how literature from the EBBF helped her to restructure various branches of the Red Cross. She underlined the effectiveness of the proposed ideas of responsible leadership, by the fact that during an introduction of a new system her hospital was the only one working properly in the whole of Africa.
After her inspiring talk Dr Iraj Abedian gave a kind of lecture about ethnics in business, branding and globalisation which was the main part of the program and was really damn interesting but not as interesting as the discussion afterwards which involved some very crucial questions like: How can you resist to corrupt yourself when everybody else is corrupt and cheating? or How can you measure values?
In fact the next talk of the ABBF organised for the 19th of April copes with this very question and there’ll be a talk by Dr Samandari about useful indicators to measure values. I love this shit!
And I loved the rest of the ABBF launch including a break where you could eat damn good sandwiches and chat with all the various people, a general Q and A session and the official launch with introduction of the executive board of the ABBF and presentation of the plan of action and the forums values/identity.
Back home Johanna and I took a nap and I started to write some blog posts (Saturday of last week!).
I can’t remember anything cool happening in the evening so we probably had dinner, watched a movie (I think pineapple express), I read something about meditation and sleep.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen