Samstag, 3. April 2010

DAY 27 and 28

As I said yesterday, today we had to allocate the new members and by the way only 4 out of about 50 mentioned the team that they wanna join which wasn’t their fault, but it will definitely not make the decision easier. But before we started to fight this a’am mess, we drank one of those extra nice coffees and got into shit chatting with a girl who joined our table. The outcome was something like, the mind is damn powerful (e.g. placebo effect) and our beliefs determine the reality we live in. Our
example was a mad person, if I (the mad person) was growing up in a rural Christian area I might think I am possessed by a demon and I might strongly believe that the prayer of my priest can ban the demon and it might even work because I believe in this stuff. If I’m mad and hear voices and I’ve been growing up in Germany (being an atheist) this won’t work for me because I believe this is a sickness and there is a doctor who can cure it. But in the end the doctor or psychologist is like a priest because I trust him and believe that he/she knows what she’s doing, even so I understand shit about psychology or medicine and will probably never know whether he/she is right or wrong. Only difference in some cases might just be how we name and deal with certain things and you might call me a superstitious idiot but somehow I believe in that stuff that you’re healthy and can even get healthy if you’re mind is in tune.
Bla, bla, bla time for application forms… aye some people really seem to be stupid and I’d never let ‘em join my team but we had to consider everyone and assign them.
For instance one question was ‘What are your three worst weaknesses?’ and enough people wrote stuff like: ‘I work too hard.’, ‘I’m a perfectionist.’, ‘patient’, ‘friendly’…
And some didn’t even manage to count till three.
One guy stopped his explanation of his dreams in the middle of a sentence and some wrote as an answer to ‘How did you hear about AIESEC?’ – ‘Other’
WHAT THE FUCK IS OTHER?!!!!!!
Nyasha paid us a visit (I forgot we got the student card and the key for the office) which was a very nice distraction and even helped us to allocate the Newies.
AHHH and in this mall you can get a double box of chips with two sauces (sweet chilli and cheese) for R15!!! And they taste awesome and are sooo many, only problem – too much oil and salt for two human beings. (at least if you’re trying to stay thin)
On our way to the office a Christian poster crossed my sight:
4320 minutes of praise
3 days of loving Christ none stop with thousands of people
SMS ‘idot’ to %$$£$”

I hate these bastards so much! Instead of hanging out and singing stupid songs with other fanatics, they should go for 3 day in the ghettos and provide free food to the poor or let a homeless person stay for 3 days in their home or run a think tank on how to improve the situation of the poorest of the poorest or do any other thing that Christ would have done. (if he ever existed and was as cool as the life-manual says)
Back home we had a nice dinner and prepared our bags for the trip to East London.
We (Johanna, Maika, Eva, Charles and I) left at 8pm and I fell asleep immediately which is my profession.
It annoyed Johanna a little that I slept in an instant but in return she and her brother could sleep during our first long break lasting from 1 to 3am. In the meantime Eva and I played footbag and tried to lose as much weight as we could at two in the morning^^
The next sleeping break lasted from 6 to 8am and this time the whole crew joined in, since then I stayed awake and enjoyed the beautiful countryside.
Really there is almost nothing except pretty high hills, farm land, this small redneck-typical-western-movie fucked up windmills and grass but still it looks cool.
We passed Berlin and Stutterheim (named by German settlers) and arrived at 11:30am (1000km) which means I’ve been in this car for 13:30 hours.
Johanna’s sister Naome + husband and his work colleague, her mother, her brother Tony and the super-nephew Anzo were waiting for us and gave us a wonderful welcome. Another super star was around, too… Mister T in a vintage collection of Wrestling! Damn lame and funny but even better was a match where two 2m guys, one as an evil Russian and one as a stupid redneck and both accompanied by two midgets fought a hilarious match. (one midget being Japanese had the creative name Little-Tokyo)
After a small snack we went completely overstuffed with people (4 in the back and 3 in the front of the car) to Mdantsane a township where Maika’s family lives.
They live in a pretty small house with, I don’t know maybe 10 people and the atmosphere was really great.
I played rugby with the kids (between 2 and 9 years old), saw how SA home brewed beer is done (grandma taught me) and made the kids very happy when I gave ‘em Johanna’s camera and showed ‘em how to take pictures.
The youngest kid is one year old and she had beautiful huge black eyes, I hope I can get a picture of these tomorrow.
We left after approx. 1 hour and I hope we’ll come back tomorrow to try the SA beer. Yes you heard right, I’m probably going to taste one sip just to check it out, this is a very rare occasion and I hope it’ll be worth it.
Back at Noame’s place I continued to sweat playing with Anzo and my footbag until I had a very interesting conversation with a friend of Naome’s husband about Leadership and its’ connection to Christianity. It’s hard for me to accept that so many people here think that believing in a man in the clouds will make the world a better place and for them it’s hard to understand that a guy called Christian ain’t a Christian and that the fundamental proofs of god (e.g. beauty of the world) are not enough to convince me.
After a damn stuffing dinner I took a shower and did what I should have done the past 4 days (including today) writing the stuff that happened down.
Right now I’m watching the last knight and it’s quite okay.

1 Kommentar: