Samstag, 3. April 2010

DAY 26

Today I realized that I had to sign in into plenty of exercises at university in Germany (and I was to late for all but one and this one is on a date which I tried to avoid) and get me course material so I was writing loads of mails and downloaded various slides, books and other material. This work which took my over 2 hours in total was fucked badly by those bloody lame machines that they call PCs in the computer pool. While I was copying the files to flash, the computer just froze and after that didn’t react properly throwing various exceptions.
So I went down into the student’s office (where the facebook junkies live) and was lucky enough to get a machine. Here I started to download all the stuff again but now the next strange thing happened after downloading about 8 files with a speed of about 600kbyte/s the speed dropped to 6kbyte/s. I changed the PC and now I had good speed again until 8 files were downloaded. So I changed again! 3 PCs later I had my stuff and we went of for an early lunch because we were supposed to have an EBM at 1pm. Unfortunately the locks to the offices got changed so we had to go outside and even worse except Manti the new VP ICX (being assigned yesterday)no one showed up for the meeting which was quite important because we wanted to allocate the new members to their teams. Now it seems that I’m going to do that tomorrow with Johanna, even if that is usually the job of thee whole EB.
Anyway, we tried to get our key back and a student card for Johanna so she can enter the university more easily but both things didn’t work out today. (in fact Johanna and Thoko got kicked out of the office) The only very good message is that Thoko and I had a talk with Mitchell (one of the Newies) and he is willing to lead the FINance team soooooo we’ve got a VP FIN!!!!!!
And now we also have a complete EB which definitely needs an amazing team building.
In the late afternoon it started to rain like hell and I mean an evil version of hell. Most of the students tried to hide in the mall but we couldn’t stay there forever because we were about to be picked up.
The next hideout was under the roof of the library where about 50 students gathered and ran in small groups to the common pick up area.
I just thought, man I need a huge umbrella and then I could charge R5 (0.5€) per student to get ‘em to their drivers. I would’ve gotten rich and I think it’s that kind of
exploitive entrepreneurship that Africa lacks^^
Completely wet we arrived at home and I started to follow up with my blog posts only interrupted by dinner and time to sleep. (I’m again 3 days behind)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen